Health professionals and the government have placed a huge amount of emphasis on the importance of cleaning and sanitising to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This means not only washing your hands thoroughly on a regular basis but also cleaning and sanitising frequently touched areas that could be harbouring the virus including your computer mouse, keyboard and printer.
Regardless of whether you are working from home, or are still able to work from your regular – if you are frequently using your space, or are sharing it with multiple people, you may want to consider the following steps to ensure your surfaces are free from any nasty germs lurking on its surface:
- In order to kill COVID-19 germs, cleaning followed by sanitation is required. This means reducing the visible soiling first so that the disinfectant can do its job effectively
- To safely clean your electronic items, turn them off at the PowerPoint and unplug any larger items ie printer
- Wipe any physical spills or dirt from the machine using a damp (not wet!) cloth with detergent. DO NOT saturate in water, as it will damage items. Dry with a clean cloth as necessary
- Once dry, use an alcohol-based disinfectant to kill any remaining germs. Disinfectant wipes can be used that have an alcohol concentration of 60% or more, however, they should not replace the manual cleaning process previously mentioned – they should be used together.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces should be carried out regularly to avoid the transmission of germs. Add this cleaning procedure to your cleaning regime today!
The team at ITF Supplies would like to wish all clients, customers and staff safe and well at this time.